Advice for restoration of Pioneer TS-6944 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th January 2013, 11:49 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Advice for restoration of Pioneer TS-6944

These speaker as attached are TS-6944, but the image are very unclear. I wanted to restore them to audible, at least pleasant type which I could use.

There are 2 problem exist in this speaker, first is obviously the torned speaker cone. Second problem is floating wire creating noise on high volume.

The first problem is encircle with blue loop to show it torned. What should/could I do to it ? Should I repair or replace , by how ? (i'm a novice in these field)

The second problem is encircle with red loop, it is the wire connect from + - terminal to all the speaker.

At small volume, it wouldn't cause much problem (in-audible)
But when I crank up the volume, at certain part of the music, it will vibrate and produce noise independantly of speaker.

The noise only disappear when I hold it very strongly. (just simply hold it won't stop the noise)

I hope to able use it, don't like to waste things esspecially when they are usable So I hope peoples in the forum can lend me some knowledge and help me to make it 'shine' again in its old age.

Quote:
These are old guys that abuse by others, the another of it pair is beyond repair. (all 3 speaker cone are torn, connection are torn off, dust cap not present, etc)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (146.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.JPG (256.1 KB, 14 views)
Old 24th January 2013, 06:05 PM   #2
DavidL is offline DavidL  United States
Banned

To be honest about it, these are better off being thrown away and buying a newer set.You are not going to be able to repair those torn and damaged mids to where they sound okay

Hide this!Advertise here!