Simulator for calculating LCR to notch tweeter resonance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello there.

I need to turn the resonance of my tweeters into a resistive load and need help finding a simple simulation program which can help me calculate LCR components.

I don't have T/S parameters but I can measure the impedance curve. In short I want a program which works like how REW can calculate EQ biquads but which calculates LCR notches on an impedance curve instead.

All the programs I've found this far are more focused on T/S parameters.

Thanks in advance,
Olle

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
You can try speakerworkshop. If you have the impedance curve, you just create a network with a signal and a driver. Then choose insert impedance compensation (right click)

make sure impedance check box is ticked in the network properties right click again and calculate response. You should now have a sim of the automatically generated impedance compensation network. you can tweak from there.

Below is an example just done with my DMS37 tweeter. This is as it calculated without any tweaking.

You obviously need to setup the driver with the impedance curve imported, but once you have that it litterally takes less than a minute to get what I just showed :)

Tony.

Attachments

• lcr_test.png
    lcr_test.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 131
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.