requesting ideas for new build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
hi all, first, happy new year everyone!

i am looking for the feedback and ideas to my next build
not that i need more speakers, i just enjoy bilding them and tweeking till satisfied

here is what i have on the shelf: i got twelve (12) Linaeum monopole tweeters, not those omnidirectional, those which look like normal tweeters, they are 6 ohms each, nice sound...
then i have aura ns3 3" fullrange, 16 ohm, i got plenty of those, you can get them for $1 when you buy 50, these i like a lot, i made few builds with these already

so, i am looking for feedback what to build...i got some ideas in mind already, just not sure which will lead to better sound

first idea was to copy raal omnidirectional speaker...i never built anything omnidirectional, so this would be first time...except i am little affraid if i will like the result, i never heard it, i heard omnidirectional on the shows and was not impressed too much, i am dipole kind of guy who likes clean front wave and the idea of throwing sound to 360 is against my beliefs...so i do not know
http://www.tuvie.com/raal-requisite-eternity-omni-directional-speaker-system/

second idea would be short horizontal tweeter array bent to semi circle...something like mcintosh XR19
McIntosh XR19 Speaker System
with semicircle of midranges as well, in dipole configuration...

next would be normal line arrays...but i already build two of those and do not need any more, i do like them, off course, but i am looking for something different this time...

if you feel like, make a comment...i am not in the hurry to start the project, i am finishing some at the moment, so no need to rush it

thanks, and all the best in 2013!

oh, and one more thing, i recently built two subwoofers, with two 15" woofers per side in dipole configuration, so I am all set there...

Last edited:
oh, and one more thing, i recently built two subwoofers, with two 15" woofers per side in dipole configuration, so I am all set there...

So those will be the stands for the future projects...something like...stands:confused:

I was thinking of 6 modules for each channel, each being an MTM speaker...(what about the crossover: one each or one for all the speakers?)
and mounted like faces of a hexagon...

Last edited:
Oh... I know what I want; something to mimic a single point source, then put it in stereo; so it is a 3 way for convenience.
The mid and the tweeter must be isolated each from the woofer, and the
box containing the woofer must be isolated by the environment.
So to achieve that I use rubber bands.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.