Can you help me find a speaker design that uses the SEAS drivers in tread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!
I quickly ditched my idea for a 2,5way speaker as they are more trouble to build.

So, now i want to build a 3-way.

I would really like to use just seas drivers because their drivers are the cheapest of the high end european made drivers, and their performance is almost on par with scan speaks best drivers.

I want to use theese drivers preferably:

SEAS 27TBFCG
A tweet with lower dist than most of seas prestige tweeters

SEAS CA15RLY
Often used midrange driver with good distortion too

SEAS CA22RNX
Another driver with low distortion

SEAS 27TBFCG

SEAS CA15RLY

SEAS CA22RNX

And i would really really like to copy an already existing desicn as I`m not totally confident in crossover designing..

So, please folks, cant you peaple link in all seas 3-way systems you know of?

There has to be someone that has built a tower with exactly the same drivers..

I am Norwegian born and Seas is for something really apecial, they are close to my heart.

And the quality of the drivers are simply exellent!

I want simple clean towers, with as small baffle as possible and they can be as tall as 50"

IF you find a design using peerless or scan speaks better priced drivers, link them too aswell

Thanks in advance, hope you guys help me find that tower i am going to build

So my friends,

Last edited:
i have gone trou troels site and there arent any towers with my rdivers there

He has designss with my drivers but they are wide classical boxes so, i cant change the width or height without totally destroy his xo...

ASTASIA here on diy uses a different tweet, but it seems that it may not be so god.. i dont know, very little respnce in his tread

The PMS is praised for it's good sound in living rooms, see horizontal dispersion, at Troel's page. 27TFFC and 27TBFCG can be swapped without modifications to xo
PMS_V5_1mtfb_-22.3dB_horizontal-0-10-20-30_disp.jpg

re:"i cant change the width or height without totally destroy his xo..." - only 2 components need to be changed.
The drivers you have chosen are easy to crossover, If you want to learn a bit, have a go.... use straightforward LR 2nd order xovers & you won't have a problem (Troels makes his a bit complicated IMO)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.