Help identifying / sourcing a part please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all.

The below part has gone on one of my crossovers (from dBTechnologies Opera 302 Lyrics - passive speakers).

I think it's a resistor but not absolutely sure! The tweeter isn't working anyway and I've traced it to this part.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The good one measures 6 Ohms. There are no markings of any sort on the item in question.

Many thanks in advance...
A

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
They are invaluable if you have parties where the guests invariably crank up the amp to far ;) Saves your tweeters from blowing. Wish I'd known about them when I was lugging my speakers to parties on a regular basis :rolleyes:

follow moondogs link and have a look at various ones, bearing in mind the power rating and nominal impedance of your tweeters. eg if you have an 8 ohm tweeter rated at 10W look for a polyswitch that will trip out around that value.

Check if the device is in series with the tweeter, if it is then the chances it is a polyswitch increase a lot :)

Tony.

Thanks for the input... As the speakers are in a dance studio and people regularly plug / unplug iPods without turning the gain on the mixer down & crank up the volume I think it best to leave the protection in place...

I'll have a look at the speaker rating then try to find something suitable...

Thanks again
A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.