have 4x exodus woofers and 2x morel et448 - what to do?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
we bought 4x exodus woofers and 2x morel et448 tweeters for a project. it got held up and by the time it started again, i had decided to go with a different design - 4Pi speakers by wayne parham... as it happens.

now, a guy who i owe money to, is not allowing me to return the money, instead, he insists that i should build him a pair of speakers... what is the best use i can put these drivers to - form factor is not a constraint, at this time - though i'm guessing that a vented floor standing M-M-T design will serve him best... it will serve as his music playback device in his 14' x 24' living room.

since i know nothing about electronics (or much else) i am hoping that I can use a prefabricated crossover such as this one from PE, with, possibly a variable attenuator for the tweeter, in order to match the sensitivity of the woofer...

suggestions, warnings etc welcome.

sreten are correct on this one. But, if you wan't to try something simple try this

AR-SXO - Acoustic Reality - Designed and built in Denmark

I have tried it, and it's not perfect for all woofer/tweeter combinations, but it's worth trying. Why? It's a very simple series cross over, and you can get good results by ear.

It might not be perfect, but with at bit of luck it might sound good.

Sreten, I appreciate your frankness. Quite certain I have asked a terribly n00b question, and the answers are too complex to even begin to explain.

Should I consider MINI DSP, and two power amps?

Can I get somebody to design a pair of crossovers for these?

What are my options? As noted, the drivers are quite good at what they do, and worth some money... but they are useless to me, and I'd find it very hard to sell them, where I'm at.

Its still not that simple, by a long way. Not for a MMT.

What if I opted to go for a single midwoofer? Would the acoustic reality crossover work?

He'd be better off with the money if your considering such an awful crossover for $600 worth of drivers.

Just to be clear... a friend of mine did me a professional favour, and much as I'd like to pay him for it, he won't accept money. He agreed to take the speakers, he did not insist on it as I had previously indicated :D I have carpenters working on another unrelated project, and these fine drivers to expend, so everyone can win...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.