Loudspeaker Filter Formula's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Lars,

do you mind if I give my comments?

- the pictures I get when everything is calculated, I think they can be better? Maybe I'm going to far with this, but I see a lot of dots above and under the lines, and around the capacitors etc. (And when I compare it to other pictures on your website, they look better)
- I NEVER use the DC-resistance of the unit to calculate the crossover. It's very important that you use the impedance of the unit at the frequency you want to calculate the crossover for. If the impedancecurve isn't a straight line, and it never is, then you can't use the DC-resistance (the problems are around the impedance peaks you see in the lower frequencies and the impedance curves are going up when the frequency gets higher because of the inductance of the voicecoil.)

Maybe there comments are overdone, but I just wanted to say it :)

About the rest of your website: damn, I like the designs, especially the End Millennium amp!!!!

Grtz, Joris

Vigier

I have been checking out the impedance curves of several well known drivers in the DIY community. It seems you can always get access to the voicecoil inductance, resonance frequency etc.

Maybe it would be a better idea to let the user select from a number of drivers from a list, so the calculator knows the essential parameters. Then it will also be possible to calculate a RCL network to compensate for the driver's resonance. It would only take a few hours to build into this calculator, and clearly be worthwhile.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.