"Spare Parts" Bluetooth Boombox crossover and design help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, I've been itching to build a semi-portable boombox that I can pick up and relocate easily, something I can use in our bedroom, in the garage, workout room, or outside.

I'm trying to do it without buying any additional components. I've gone digging through my spare parts pile and have located some things that i think might work for a semi-hifi ghetto blaster type thing...

The speakers:

Morel MDT 12 Tweeters (missing front mounting plates) Morel MDT 12 1-1/8" Neodymium Tweeter 277-060

Aura NS6-255-8A 6" woofer
Aura NS6-255-8A 6" Paper Cone Neodymium Magnet Woofer 299-030

The crossover???
I have a set of crossovers leftover from a set of JBL component speakers... they have a 4.7 uF Capacitor on them, as well as a tweeter attenuation resistor and switch, and an unmarked inductor.

pic of the crossover:

According to my calculations, going by the capacitor, and for 8 ohm speakers, these should give me around a 4220hz first order crossover point, which isn't ideal, but should work ok.

Am I assuming correctly for this crossover? im an amateur when it comes to crossover stuff.

Other parts:
Ill be building the box from scratch, and incorporating a leftover 2020a+ amp Amazon.com: LP-2020A+ Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier with Power Supply: Electronics

As well as a logitech bluetooth adapter for optional bluetooth connection.

Im a bit unsure on the box design also... Like i said, i'd like to keep it fairly compact, but keep some respectable bass output. I cant decide whether i'd be better off with a small sealed or small ported setup. Ive got a little bit of modeling to do for that i suppose.

Dang... no help eh?

what if i sweeten the deal with a couple renders of what I hope this thing will look like when Im done?

untitled415_zps339af48a.jpg

untitled416_zps1ce39d85.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.