Looking for 22mH inductors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can't find seller in US, help please! Iron core, below 10ohm.

Answer Q with Q....

Why do you want a value so large?

For a TB solution, this will yield a 6dB LP filter at 28hz for a 4 ohm driver (56 Hz for 8 ohm), but also make the FR around resonance Spike very largely to the point of this being a futile endeavor.

I recommend if you are trying to xover that low to use an active xover instead, as it will likely be a cheaper method as well as being more effective.

Later,
Wolf

I can wind for you

will look like this but bigger:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20060205434.jpg
    20060205434.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
I suspect this is based on a lack of understanding of how a bass reflex box works,
what kind of improvements are claimed, & do those 'many people' have measurements to back them up?
FWIW, the best way to improve the PMS is to redesign the box so the internal volume is big enough for the woofer, in the existing design it's too small....

Can't find seller in US, help please! Iron core, below 10ohm.

If you want the 22mH for sure contact ERSE.I am sure they will make one for ya as they offer 20mH in a few different core configurations.

ERSE - Super Q

..out of stock, but then again they aren't "middle-men" - so they will wind it sometime after it's ordered.

Last edited:
Just an idea with ERSE.I always order up and check them myself.
Not sure if PE sells the same but all the 12mH SUPER Q I ordered from PE for my HT3 speakers I had to return them.They all measured 10.2-10.8mH. So from that point I ordered one up and unwound them myself.

If you order from ERSE ask them to make sure they are 22mH.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.