can anyone on here upgrade my speakers rs6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
can anyone on here upgrade my speakers rs6 i live in leamington spa. i can deliver them. or post them. i want to get rid of the horrible clarity sound on the speakers. i also have a yaqin 2100 amp and marantz 6003. with i would also like to be upgraded. kind regards mr young

Youngie and I were having a discussion via PM about his Monitor Audio RS6 or S6 speakers. They seem to be the same speaker at heart.

I can only reiterate the suggestions here:
I can only reiterate what I have done and why I did it. Firstly I attempted to reduce the cone breakup from the metal woofers (with capacitors). This should make for a smoother sound without metal harshness.

Secondly I attempted to smooth out the midrange dip at 3kHz. This needed a 3rd order filter and the bigger bass coil.

Lastly I attempted to reduce the top end a little. This needs the Zobel.

It's worth mentioning that an expensive 0.3R coil is really not needed. About 0.8R would doubtless be fine. The 15uF capacitor can be lost with a return close to the original tweeter filter and a better phase response. There is nothing stopping you reducing the input resistor to the tweeter filter to 1.5R for more treble level, as long as you are aware you stress the tweeter more.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/115780-monitor-audio-s6-tweek-5.html#post3294900

The other suggestion in the thread was to put 22 ohms across the tweeter which will attenuate it a bit. You could also increase the input resistor to the tweeter filter a little. Say 3.3 or 4 ohms instead of 2.7 ohms.

thanks mate its not that i would like someone who know what they are doing. just in case i mess up my speakers. kind regards youngie
Youngie and I were having a discussion via PM about his Monitor Audio RS6 or S6 speakers. They seem to be the same speaker at heart.

I can only reiterate the suggestions here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/115780-monitor-audio-s6-tweek-5.html#post3294900

The other suggestion in the thread was to put 22 ohms across the tweeter which will attenuate it a bit. You could also increase the input resistor to the tweeter filter a little. Say 3.3 or 4 ohms instead of 2.7 ohms.

thanks mate its not that i would like someone who know what they are doing. just in case i mess up my speakers. kind regards youngie

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :rolleyes:

What happened in that thread was everybody just waffled vaguely as usual. Then when I came up with some definite and safe ideas for modifications, Dissi cast doubt on the whole modelling process. :mad:

He might be right, who knows, but he was talking about the different Monitor Audio Silver 6S speaker:

Audio Ideas Guide Hi-Fi and Home Theater Equipment Reviews: Monitor Audio Silver 6S

I was sticking to the MA RS6:
Monitor Audio Silver RS6 loudspeaker | Stereophile.com

I remain confident that I had it right. Ignore the FUD. :cool:

You will need a crossover board and compionents to experiment:
Crossover PCB
Printed Circuit Boards PCB's, matrix construction boards, pins and component/cable ties

It's quite a big project, and you need to confirm the details as you delve, but that is what diy is all about.

lol mate can you do my speakers. cheers lee
Thanks for the vote of confidence! :rolleyes:

What happened in that thread was everybody just waffled vaguely as usual. Then when I came up with some definite and safe ideas for modifications, Dissi cast doubt on the whole modelling process. :mad:

He might be right, who knows, but he was talking about the different Monitor Audio Silver 6S speaker:

Audio Ideas Guide Hi-Fi and Home Theater Equipment Reviews: Monitor Audio Silver 6S

I was sticking to the MA RS6:
Monitor Audio Silver RS6 loudspeaker | Stereophile.com

I remain confident that I had it right. Ignore the FUD. :cool:

You will need a crossover board and compionents to experiment:
Crossover PCB
Printed Circuit Boards PCB's, matrix construction boards, pins and component/cable ties

It's quite a big project, and you need to confirm the details as you delve, but that is what diy is all about.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.