Need help with Modeling Software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks!

Gentlemen,

Thank you so much for all the help; my friend and I very much appreciate it. I am starting construction today and I will post how the system turns out when I am done. I did have one more question, I am wondering if anyone can make out the dimensions in this link. I am trying to figure out the rabbet depth and inner diameter. Thanks again,

George

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Looks like we have a little conflict.

According the Parts Express site, and their Dimension Key,
http://www.partsexpress.com/resources/spkdims.html

B = 8½"
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&PartNumber=297-616&DID=7

That would be 215 mm I inch = 25.4mm

However, I dug out my old specs for this very same woofer from Madisound 10 years ago or so. Although Madisound sent this, thses specs are obviously sent by Peerless, as can be seen by the Peerless logo all over them.

That dimension is is 223 mm on those specs.

The Peerless specs from Parts Express seem to indicate the spec is 22something, so I would go with 223 mm.

One more thing. I have not built one, but good results are often reported when you elevate the box somewaht and have the port downward firing. Not the woofer in this case, because I think ti would be too loosely suspended for that. But the port.

If you want to do that, just elevate the thing a couple of inches off the ground and face the port downward. Cannot speak from experience on this, but others seem to think it couples the port output to the room better.

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Here's the scan of the specs. I don't think they have changed that basket since then. Clearly, it is 223 mm.

By the way, the lip is listed as 4.5 mm deep.

Good luck! :)

Attachments

• peerless 260 dimensions.gif
    peerless 260 dimensions.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 108
Hey Keltic Wizard,

You will find the woofer on this page, and the price is $32.50.
If you want to use it with a passive radiator you will need to use the pr that CSS sells, as it is supposedly the only one with high enough excursion. I made good progress on the cabinets this weekend so they should be ready when the components arrive.

George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.