Crossover adjustment/re-engineering

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't see how luck has anything to do with the project at hand. Can you help me answer any of the questions I posed?
Maybe you are not in a good mood today (just forum small talk...) :apathic:

As you see it's not that difficult. You should be able to measure the woofers for confirmation of ideal intern. volume of the speaker (if not close). Many of the speakers of the time where sealed, I see you have a ported new system. You can get a Woofer Tester if you did not yet (google Woofer Tester) measure them. The enclosures look great, nothing to say, and you can adapt them if they are ported restricting the vents, etc. for the testing/experimenting purposes. The pad resistor can be tricky, if everything else is fine, that you can adapt/test for the R value needed 20 Ohm + or - for the best attenuation option. After all we gained a crossover for the Phillips AD0162 for those vintage diy jobs. :D

So I have now measured the inductance of both the woofers and the tweeters. But I'm puzzled now by the original crossover's design. By my calculations there's a gap of nearly an octave between the LF roll off and the HF roll off values. Am I wrong on those calculations? Can they be explained? Should I re-design the crossover now that I know the inductance values? Thoughts?
Screenshot - 13-04-04 - 03:00:29 PM.png
Screenshot - 13-04-04 - 03:02:50 PM.png
xover.png

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.