Woofer suggestions for horn loaded 3 way - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th December 2012, 07:45 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Woofer suggestions for horn loaded 3 way

Well, I have finally gotten the performance of my little system to the point that I can say that the last thing left is the bass and low bass. The "satellite" consists of a 100hz bandpass horn running a B&C 12PE32 woofer, and a TAD 4002 on a stereolab 250hz horn. Right now, I'm running the low bass on a Totem Lightning sub, and its having a hard time keeping up, to say the least.

So, here's what I need: A bass system that will cover from 100hz down to as low as is feasible, I would LIKE it to be horn loaded, in keeping with the system theme, but that is not mandatory. I want a larger driver- 15 inch or more, because I'm pretty well convinced that the larger drivers are the way to go for truly high dynamics.

I have a pair of Faital 15 inch woofers from my TL project that did really well, so they may end up being pressed back into service, but are there any other suggestions?

Hide this!Advertise here!