What loudspeakers to build next year?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
First decide what type of box you want for the 15s. Closed, bass reflex, aperiodic, open baffle? And how big.

Then use the Jamo midranges and add your tweeter. You're good to go. Mostly it depends on what you want to do with the Gamma 15A2. It's supposed to work well in a ported 5 cubic foot box, but there are other things you can do with it.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Well it's a low Q pro woofer, thus not made for super low bass. It's not a subwoofer. It will, however, give you plenty of midbass in a ported cabinet - and that could sound great. If you have a digital crossover, you could even put in an H-frame and force some bass out of it. It's efficient and tough enough that you won't hurt it in domestic use. There might be some bass scoop designs for it.

Pano,
I may be wrong but I think the Qtc doesn't really determine how low a driver can go. A better indicator is if a woofer exceeds xmax in a chosen alignment. Qtc=.3 is pretty close to ideal for a vented cab but I can't see it putting out 33hz at rated power and staying under xmax.

-Matt

It's has been decided!
I will make a TQWT with the gammas 15'.
On top i will try various horns and drivers.

Hate BR. Period.

I did various simulations in Hornresp. I think i will end up with an enclosure of 160L. Total length ~2m. I will spend some more time playing in HR, as i am not that happy with the response yet.

If anyone happend to make something similar, i would love to hear about it!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.