Ultimate home theater speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for the ultimate home theater speaker. A friend of mine told me that in the land of home theater, the Axon Array's reign supreme. I am thinking about building them. Do any of you guys have experience with them? They are designed by D'Appolito, so I'm thinking that they are pretty good. Any comments or suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Owen

Line Array Designs

I have two arrays you should consider for your HT application. First, the Linus 2 (10 Vifa TC14's and 8 Silver Flute YAG20-1 drivers per side). Plans and parts are available from Rick Craig at:

www.selahaudio.com

Also a smaller array known as the Needles (16 Tang Band W3-871S's and an Aurum Cantus G3 ribbon per side) which is available through Bob Reimer at:

www.creativesound.ca

Both are very nice sounding speakers. I'm happy to have been involved in their concept and development.

My Nearfield Line Array white paper explains it all and is located at:

http://www.audiodiycentral.com/resource/pdf/nflawp.pdf

Jim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.