where to buy bitumen in europe?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can anyone reccomend a good place to pick up some bitumen damping material like the pads Troels uses in Europe? When I lived in the states I just ordered rolls of the stuff from Parts Express but in Austria I am having a hard time locating the stuff, Thanks in advance!

I'm a great fan of just using some common builders material. Regupol K225 is a heavy mixture of rubber tyre granules and cork used as 4mm acoustic insulation under wooden floors. Seems to do the job and accords with my view of what the stuff does in damping!

Surprisingly you apply it most thickly to the smaller panels in BBC style with spray-on carpet adhesive. Then add foam or stuffing to taste. FWIW, IKEA do little stick-on kitchen cabinet door dampers which double as isolating speaker mounts too. Cheap as chips. :D

Attachments

• Regupol_Acoustic_Floor_Underlay.JPG
    Regupol_Acoustic_Floor_Underlay.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 318
  • Underlay_Artistic_Shot.jpg
    Underlay_Artistic_Shot.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 319
  • BBC_Ls3-5A_Cabinet.JPG
    BBC_Ls3-5A_Cabinet.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 149
  • IKEA_Kitchen_Cabinet_Door_Dampers.jpg
    IKEA_Kitchen_Cabinet_Door_Dampers.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 154
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.