terminals and damping recommendations and internal wires and vented ports.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2011
hi
I need cheap but good terminals, I need to get 12 pieces so not too pricey but something decent please. I was looking at apex, but I have no idea how to determine from good to crap... untitled

Again, I'm building a three way and a fullrange speaker, so will need quite some foam for my speakers, what should I look for a good but cheap product?

for wires, I was looking at apex jr PTFE Silver Plated Stranded Copper Wire. Wire

for vented ports, I need 4 ports and the only one that would work is this which is a bit pricey. Precision Port PSP-4TB 4" Dia. x 12" Long Port Tube 268-382 they need to be 4'' by 12''. Is there cheaper options?

anyways, if you guys can help to save me a couple of bucks, that would be great

thanks

Good prices at Apex jr :)
What terminals you after? Speaker posts? RCA's?
Noting that most all are of Chinee mfg.
I've used the Red and Black one piece base plate Speaker terminals and found them of good quality for fair pricings.
But lately there are Clones of Clones being sold..so it's always a crapshoot as to what is actually delivered.
Do know that those Gold Coloured with red and black stripes RCA interconnect ends are crap though.
Port vents are easily DIY'd from Plastic Pipe (home depot etc) White irrigation type is thinner than Black abs sewage pipe, but both work fine.
Use a heat gun on the end to nicely flare them.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.