Diy speakers - advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have these B&W DM601 s for some time and decided that an upgrade is needed. To maximize quality sound per $ maybe diy is the way to go.
I have been looking at the fostez drivers, but never really had a chance to hear them. Are thses drivers anything special? Ilike the idea of no cross-over...

Any other ideas? I dont want to spend a lot of cash, but want some high quality sound :devilr:

Miguel

Hi Miguel2, starting out with a full-range driver and no crossover is a good idea.

Practiaclly, the first thing that you need to do is see what drivers are available to you. Fostex for instance are not easy to purchase in the UK!

Then see if you can find a design on the WWW that has already been built and tested and copy that. Or if you want to experiment for yourself, you could try horns, open-baffles or just stick to a regular 'box' design.

One thing I can tell you is that you will get a big improvement over the 601's! ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.