Roksan Darius - most ultimate Approach for Stands - other Brands wanted to know - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th December 2012, 06:21 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moray james View Post
the best designed and built stands that I know oe are designed and manufactured in Calgary Alberta by Noel Nolan owner of Skylan Stands. Take a look at his site and fo to the euro site to see some nice quality photos. Best regards Moray James.
Maybe you mean this site:
Skylan Speaker Stands
nice stands. But what is here very special (compare to those from post #1 except picture/image number two) ??
Old 1st May 2013, 01:40 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

I lived next door to TM when the company was located in Wales. I was therefore being a fellow Audiophile and having my younger brother work there a constant listening option for the company while they designed the Darius, TMS1 and the original Rok CD. Roksan had a properly damped and acoustically treated listening room while developing the Darius and I said at the time that may prove to be an issue because while TM wanted a completely inert environment - most people's living rooms are not. That without doubt led to its brighter than norm treble. I helped with the final incarnation (remember TM is an exceptionally bright and educated Mechanical Engineer - just look at the quality of the bearing and platter arrangement in a Roksan which made just about all decks pre SME look agricultural) of the spring tweeter which in mechanical terms along wih the external stand and crossover was genius - however the major issue to voicing such in my opinion was with the listening room. Decks and CD,s and Electronics got lots of different 'house room' around the town but taking on the Briks was a project that did not enjoy quite such easy access to different listening rooms. I do feel given the final incarnation also co-incited with the tying up of the Wales factory, the then fledgling PLC and the move to London and the new company and its focus on electronics being formed... Frankly this in my opinion was the major issue with the final development and tuning of the Darius and as such it is only really through the current TMS and other mechanical engineering related developments that we are seeing the real genius of he founder coming through. His remarkable grip on prototype mechanical engineering hi fi solutions that can be semi mass produced is always incredibly expensive and you need a foundation of funds to even be able to operate such. It took time to get there and who knows there may be another Darius someday. If anyone has a pair they wisk to move on particularly ones with the external stand - please do let me know

Hide this!Advertise here!