Chart for square inches of horn throat / given cutoff?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know, another can of worms.

I am assuming a conical horn can just about be be any shape with only the radiation pattern being defined by the angle/depth. In the case of a room corner from floor or ceiling for example we are dealing with a triangular conical horn, 8th wave. I have empirical evidence this works having mixed hundreds of records on Altec Urie monitors mounted in just such a fashion, and my friends it does not matter how flat and accurate your monitors are, if we engineers mess it up there you will be correcting our mistakes at home. I only mention this because there is no doubt that coaxial Altecs in corners sound superb and were certainly accurate enough to mix on while breaking many rules with its compression driver n mounted right in the middle of a poor waveguide, the woofer. I digress sort of, but there is a method here. Corner of room notwithstanding, can anyone point me to this formula in square inches?

Not being lazy here, I have done and am doing due diligence I realize I will sound presumptive for a while. As soon as I get enough of a general idea of what I need , I will use AJhorn and the others to proceed. Now I am assessing viability of a triangular conical horn. This idea hinges on the viability of such a horn to the point of making compromises around it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.