Anatomy of a £20 pair of speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You're missing the all-important bass cutout size here, sreten!
An estimate of tweeter cutout and room for mounting plate
would be interesting too.

BTW, be very interested to see what Mordaunt Short did in
those MS20i Pearls of yours on crossovers, since I have a pair
of MS plastic basses lying about. Fancy starting a thread on them?

Hi,

All relevant dimensions have been posted.

THe MS20i's have a single inductor on the midbass
and a pair of parallel capacitors on the tweeter.

rgds, sreten.

As you say a fair price for the cabs alone, if theyre well built as you suspect they are. I nearly bought wharfdale diamonds second hand, in the early 90s. Which model im not sure. Everything worked, i didnt like the sound. They were fairly well regarded at the time however. I bought some awfully DIY'd HUGE vented cabs with Goodmans Acoustic suspension (or very very compliant) 10 inch woofers, bad mids and 2 inch piezo tweeter. Tenner! Another project that got shelved.

Last edited:
Sorry to drag this out from the depths, but was there any development here?

I'm thinking a pair of these would be handy for rear surrounds in a student bedroom. The price is right at £20/pr, and there's a Richer Sounds nearby.

I'd be willing to consider swapping out midbasses, but chances are I wouldn't bother: so long as they make sound and go reasonably loud when used with a subwoofer, I'll probably be happy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.