Scan 15WU/8741T has any one used it in a 2 way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would love to know if any one has used the Scan 15WU/8741T or 4741T in a 2 way and what are your opinions. Is it better that the 15W4531-G00 that is so highly regarded.

I would apretiae your input.

Regards,

Stu

Hi Stuart,

I haven't listened to it, but the 15WU/4741T cost twice as much, doesn't have the same smooth frequency response, lower sensitivity and not as good distortion numbers as the 15W/4531G00.

It's a nicely built drivers and I'm sure it has its qualities, but I've also heard reports that it doesn't sound as good as the Revelators. I'm usually a bit skeptical to such reports before I myself have listened to it, since the taste is so subjective. ;)

Regards

/Göran

Humble Homemade Hifi

No that is the 18WU, I was talking about the 15WU. I can not believe no one has used this. Oh well looks like the 15W is cleaner after all!!! Comments welcome.

Thanks Gornir,
You are always a wealth of information and your input is very valuable:)

Thanks Stuart,

If I remember correctly, I think ShinOBIWAN on this forum has tested the 15WU as a candidate for one of his designs.

Try to PM him or he might see this thread. :)

If anyone lend me and sends me a pair of 15WU/4741T, I can measure them and compare them to the 15W/4531G00 Revelator and I will publish the results. :D

My comments in the earlier post is based on my own measurements of the 15W Revelator compared to the German "HobbyHifi" Magazine's measurements of the 15WU Illuminator.

Regards

/Göran

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.