First Open Baffle Build- Build is done - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th December 2012, 11:41 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

That is a good plan. I have to be carefull and get the wife to take our 3 year old for a shopping trip for a few hours. He likes to get into everything I am doing. I have already stood in different parts of the room to find out where the worst resonances are. There are a couple of places that seem to be really bad. I am thinking if i put some big thick pieces there for a test first that will be a good start.
Old 17th December 2012, 02:15 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

I added some bass traps and played with speaker positioning. The traps allowed me to raise the bass crossover point up to about 300 Hz and bring the bass level up about 3db. This resulted in much tighter and defined bass, much more mid bass punch and greatly reduced the fatigue at higher volume levels.

After quite a few listening tests moving the speakers around, I settled for a position further out from the wall (total about 3 feet) and less toe-in(almost parallel to the wall) than they were originally set. This resulted in a much wider and deeper sound stage.

Next I will be adding traps to the ceiling and the back wall (opposite the speaker wall) and playing with the laid back angle of the speakers.

Matthew

Hide this!Advertise here!