Resonant port...help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello my fellow wise DIYers...im am a big noob and i seek your asistance.
There are plenty of guides on how to build a box but very little on how to correct an existing one.
So i have this active speaker system(internal dimentions are Depth of 9.1in/Hight
13.6in/With=9.1in rear ported with a 6in long port and 2.2in in diameter the entire cabinet is made of MDF 0.2in thick)It houses a 6.5in woofer and a 1in dome tweeter.The port is located above the woofer in exact alignment with the tweeter.
My problem with it is that at @ 128hz the port starts resonating peaking at @ 132hz and gets diminshed at 136hz...how can i fix this.Please explain it to me as if im an idiot?(what are the solutions without changing the overall sound if possible or as little as posible...should i change the port ? fill the box cuz its empty if so how?)

The walls of your box are much too thin. Maybe you can improve the stability by adding some bracing. For example a stick or a small board connecting the middle of opposite walls should help a lot.

Add some damping too. Only a 1 cm layer on walls, which are accessible through the woofer hole. Old cloths, carpet, curtain, anything will do. But leave the volume free. Pieces of an old carpet glued on some walls would be fine.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.