Speakers for an actual bookshelf - seeking woofer recs. - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd December 2012, 11:52 PM   #11
mikje is offline mikje  United States
Soakin' up the Sound!
diyAudio Member

I've heard this little guy in a couple different designs. It is amazing. Sounds MUCH larger than it is.

w4-1720 - Parts Express Ships Fast and Ships Free

It's being offered at the special price of $35. Great deal.

Mike
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:29 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Hmm, that is kind of an interesting little guy.
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:38 AM   #13
Soakin' up the Sound!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumptruck View Post
Hmm, that is kind of an interesting little guy.
I heard a pair of these. Not sure of your total budget, but these might be worth a look, They are very good sounding speakers.
Mike

The Neutrino - A High-Output Mini-Monitor
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:46 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

The total budget is to be <$150, but I already have tweeters, plenty of plywood, and most likely some of the crossover components. That neutrino design would not work for my in-wall bookshelf purposes, but as I said, I'm happy to start from scratch.
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:51 AM   #15
Soakin' up the Sound!
diyAudio Member

If you use a pair of those TangBands, I'd be interested in your design. I'm not a designer, but I like to build different speakers. I might end up building a pair of the Neutrinos, but that depends on what else I find. There is another build, the Speedsters which are on my "maybe" list. I picked up a pair of the TangBands at the special price last time I placed an order, just so I'd have a pair for a future build.
Mike
Old 28th December 2012, 02:54 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikje View Post
If you use a pair of those TangBands, I'd be interested in your design. I'm not a designer, but I like to build different speakers. I might end up building a pair of the Neutrinos, but that depends on what else I find. There is another build, the Speedsters which are on my "maybe" list. I picked up a pair of the TangBands at the special price last time I placed an order, just so I'd have a pair for a future build.
Mike
When I saw the shelf, I realized it wasn't quite like I remembered and would not act significantly different than a standmount location, so the pseudo-in-wall thing did not come into play. I did use the TB midwoofers, though, and I have some of the details posted here: Genesis 1/2 Design Thread - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Hide this!Advertise here!