Overnight Sensations Slot Port

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I thought you can get the ns3 from solen.

Ah, you're right. I was looking at the fullranges and they're in the woofers category. I might grab some just for fun then...

I'm reading up on driver placement on the baffle; is there any basic no-no's that I need to be worried about? So far I heard the closer the drivers are, the better. And I'm guessing that they shouldn't be too close to the side of the cabinet.

I was wondering whether I would need to L-pad the ERT26... its a fair bit more sensitive than the wr125. The frequency response that I got from PCD seems okay however...

On the other hand, I'm thinking about possibly making those NS3s as a secondary project. I bought a pair of them a bit too impulsively, and I got the 8ohm version since I thought I would be pairing it with my NAD. Thinking of turning them into small mini-monitors. Do you think a TP30 would power them? 15w into 4 would mean 7 into 8... for a 80db/w/m driver seems a bit underwhelming.

I have my 4ohm NS3s running on a 10w/ch amplifier and they make plenty of noise for nearfield listening.

KM
That's reassuring. I'll try for something with at least 20W then, assuming that the 8ohm is harder to drive. I do want something with an integrated DAC though, just to see whether it'd actually help my signal chain.

Thank you all for all the help. This thread is title is awfully inaccurate now. I will most likely make a new thread when I start on the build once the parts arrive.

That is a very aggressive price Bob has on those... cleaning out the wharehouse. A great driver for the price. They really need a helper tweeter. I believe Bob also has a killer price on the Mark Audio ERT26. A single small cap that brings the tweeter level down to that of the WR at 12-13k would work. With the XO that high it is just adding a bit of sparkle and the ear/brain won't have much issue with the physical separatio.

Use from 4.5 litre aperiodic to 7 litre sealed or aperiodic.

dave

Hi Dave. I looked at these WR125STR and the ert26 and the prices are very low it seems for a good looking and I assume well built driver. The WR125STR. I am new here so treat me as such meaning I am only a beginner. I was wondering if you could expound upon your ideas of using these two drivers. Where would you wind up at as far as impedence? Any suggestions on the cap value you would use? I would like to build a pair of desktop speakers on a reasonable economic scale that might compete with my friends audioengine p4. And I thought they sounded pretty good. I have the a2 and they don't get close to the p4 as far as bass. I have a decent chip amp I would like to use. Any further direction you could give would be great. Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.