Dynamat/fatmat for a cab vibro damping

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Hi,

I see that Troels uses bitumen sheets for his cabs to make them heavier and decrease walls vibration. Can I use dynamat or fatmat for the same purpose?
I am worrying about the aluminum layer on them(sound reflection, conductor etc). Or it is not even necessary and just felt or/and polyester are enough?

In the past some have advocated using Concrete Tile backer board as 'mass loading' to enclosure interiors :rolleyes:
For a while the slapping on of Ice & Water Shield ( Similar and a Small fraction of Dynamat price and often of Much better quality, also a Very large selection of available types) from a 'Real' Construction supply store (not Home Depot) May not help (my opinion) but also won't hurt, not even your wallet if you avoid the usurious Audio Weenie market's Dynamat prices, like any reasonable Human should.

There are also genuine arguements for resonant enclosures.. Nothing is ever a straightforward answer :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.