Zaph Seas L18 / Seas 27TBFCG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for a simple but nice upgrade for my surround system speakers (currently they are KEF KHT2005, the little egg-speakers). The only 'problem' is that the speakers will have to be wall mounted. I have 2 L18 H1224 laying around and figured I could use them more efficiently ;). A search around the interweb resulted in 1 strong contender which is the Zaph design with the h1212 tweeter.

I'd like to build these in a sealed enclosure (about 7 liters or 0.24 cubic feet), with the reduced BSC option. But would it be a problem to reduce the height to 30 cm (slightly less then 12 inches)? I want to use one as a centerspeaker and 14 inch wouldn't fit beneath my tv.

Another option could be to place one on it's side as a center speaker. I will be sitting right in front of it, would it sound ok?

Well, I'd like to keep the enclosures as small as possible, and according to WinISD and the design software from Jeff Bagby the 'ideal' size is about 6,5 to 7 liters (Q=0.7).

They will play in my bedroom, which is about 4m x 4m (13ft x 13ft). But it's already full with a pair of floorstanders and a enormous subwoofer (for such a small room :D), alongside my bed, closet and desk. So I would like to have them as small as possible and wall mounted.

Zaph posted a reduced BSC himself, so I won't need to do any calculating ... I think ... I hope :p.

Well, I'd like to keep the enclosures as small as possible, and according to WinISD and the design software from Jeff Bagby the 'ideal' size is about 6,5 to 7 liters (Q=0.7).

They will play in my bedroom, which is about 4m x 4m (13ft x 13ft). But it's already full with a pair of floorstanders and a enormous subwoofer (for such a small room :D), alongside my bed, closet and desk. So I would like to have them as small as possible and wall mounted.

Zaph posted a reduced BSC himself, so I won't need to do any calculating ... I think ... I hope :p.

The BSC frequency is directly related to the enclosure width, so if you change that also the BSC frequency will change. The amount of BSC you will need is probably low because you are mounting them on a wall (effectively 2Pi space).

Maybe this will be helpful: http://www.mh-audio.nl/bdl.asp

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.