Shallow mid-range enclosure inside a 3-way?? too shallow??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need to create an sealed enclosure around 0.1 ft3 for my 4" mid-range that is part of a 3-way monitor. When I do the math based on internal cabinet dimensions and location of the drivers I end up with an enclosure that is 3.25" deep...is this too shallow and will I have an issue with reflections?

THX

I need to create an sealed enclosure around 0.1 ft3 for my 4" mid-range that is part of a 3-way monitor. When I do the math based on internal cabinet dimensions and location of the drivers I end up with an enclosure that is 3.25" deep...is this too shallow and will I have an issue with reflections?

THX

I should also mention that the baffle is 1.5" thick so the back of the mid-range enclosure will be ~4.5" from the speaker surround once you account for flushing it into the baffle in case this makes a difference....

Why use a small enclosure? Isn't the midrange low end being rolled off at 400 Hz or above by the crossover? Use a larger enclosure and stuff it well. A simple thick paper tube cut to length and glued to the back of the front baffle will work well.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
And leave the back of the tube open through the rear panel?

Attachments

• IMG_0365.jpg
    IMG_0365.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 135
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.