Need help with crossover Morel mdt-30 Silver flute w17rc38-4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Lots of problems here. As the links do not work, I tried to make a simulation solely based on the dimensions given. The Silver Flute needs a volume of 6 litres, but you have 22! The result is a peak at 50 Hz. Heavy stuffing may help, but I don't know. Further, the driver has a surround resonance causing a ragged response between 500 and 1000 Hz. And finally edge diffraction prevents a nice crossover at 2.5 kHz. It's really tricky. Nevertheless I attach the best solution I found. Good luck.

SimulationDmkbox.jpg

CrossoverDmkbox.jpg

Speaker filter

Hi
Today i made this filter for my Silver Flute W17RC38-04 and Morel MDT30
I use them in a 3 way closed box speakers, the woofer are 2X Silver Flute W30RC38-08 in parallel
The cabinet for the mid is a closed box at 15L.
This speaker was measured with True RTA and has a flat response.
Best regards

Attachments

• Speaker filter.pdf
    14.1 KB · Views: 129
Yes 22L is way to large - If you can add second woofer you would be in much better shape (need to add small vent/port).

Sim is 2 drives in a 22L box

btw, I was shaking the house with one in a 13L box - vented.

Lots of problems here. As the links do not work, I tried to make a simulation solely based on the dimensions given. The Silver Flute needs a volume of 6 litres, but you have 22! The result is a peak at 50 Hz. Heavy stuffing may help, but I don't know. Further, the driver has a surround resonance causing a ragged response between 500 and 1000 Hz. And finally edge diffraction prevents a nice crossover at 2.5 kHz. It's really tricky. Nevertheless I attach the best solution I found. Good luck.

View attachment 308457

View attachment 308458

Attachments

• Feb 1.jpg
    Feb 1.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.