WMTMW Center Channel Crossover Changes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Here is my idea, RS28FT with RS100T-8 in MTM, Those will be flanked by a pair of DA175's.
Would there be any crossover changes if I went to a vertical arrangement that was MTMWW?
I'd be looking at something like a 500 - 5k crossover.

Attachments

• RSMTM.png
    RSMTM.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 107
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
It would be interesting to see the polar response of that configuration (especially a 3d one). the mtm will give narrow vertical dispersion and the W W on either side will then also tend to give narrow horizontal dispersion... I'm not sure though whether it will be less of an issue due to the lower frequencies involved with the W's... what frequency were you thinking of making the lower crossover?

Tony.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
The sample crossover shows a 500hz & 5k crossover points.

I have drawn up a simulation based on the DA175 & Alpair 6p in a 2.5 way sealed for the center and vented for the mains.
It really looks quite good I think.
I still need to get a grasp on how to cascade the second woofer properly for a good .5 way.
Here is the MTM mains setup I'm working on along those lines.

Attachments

• DA175 - A6p.png
    DA175 - A6p.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 93
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.