B&W Nautilus 805 vs Revel M22, help please!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I am looking for bookshelf's and stopped on these two speakers. Both are well rated. I do not have chance to auditioned Revel's, so need to choose blindly...
Maybe you can help? I read that M22 are more natural with better bass and suite for wider music variety, but B&W way more superior in soundstaging. B7W are easier to drive I guess(I was thinking of F5c or F5 turbo).
Any comments? Thanks!

second hand pair of Vandersteen 2ce's.. well within your budget and surprisingly competent/good sounds.
Not so easy to honestly 'better' Plus.. no dorky stands needed.
IF you ultimately decide they are not an exact fit, you can sell them on with minimal $ loss.
DIYs are notorious for having Dick resale .
Would you buy a Basement Build for anything more than Beer $ ?

Last edited:
i think REVEL M20 is one of the very few bookshelf that i would buy if i dont DIY.
impressive BASS and midrange with quite enjoyable tweeter.

i do think most passive 2ways will benefit from larger power amp, 150w up, especially in BASS area.

there is always something about JX92S that is so good to listen to, but they do need power 100w up.

as for B&W, they always voiced the speakers with aggressive mid and hi's, it was only balanced with the bigger models with big woofers.

It is a good speaker henry, so if you have the power it needs you can do worse for sure. M22 is even more power needing than M20 (I have talked to the general agent in Denmark about them). And my tired2way is not perfect (of course) but I preferred them over M20. Only thing was my problems with the cabinet which I built not strong enough, but I have improved that over time.

SELAH Audio offers finished speakers based on Parts Express Speaker Cabinets.

many praise the performance of Tempesta, which consists of RAAL, Accuton and Scan Speak.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Nice combo Henry, can almost imagine what they sound like. Those look like the dearer Accuton mid. Bet they sound precise and sweet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.