Looking for bipolar DIY kit/plans.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to try my hand at building a set of surround sound speakers for my HT room. Currently, I run Acoustic Research 2062's in front, and 2052's in the rear with a CPS25 center and S108PS sub.

I've looked around a good bit but have not found any DIY bipolar speaker designs out there let alone kits for such. I suppose that I could buy a set of inexpensive Fluance speakers instead but I'd really like to build my own.

Anyone know of where I could find such plans and/or kit? I need to keep the total cost below $200 if possible.

Thanks.

Something like this?

I don't know if this is any help but I built these for rears.

Attachments

• tbsurr1.jpg
    tbsurr1.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 505
In fact, Madisound does have a kit or plans for switchable dipole/bipole surrounds, as part of their Vifa A/V offering. The link should be obvious. I can't say how good they are, I have something similar for front/center, but not the rears. I have always wanted to try a set, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Based on the very popular Vifa shielded drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.