searching for a 40hz-300hz bass horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
giolight said:
I want to make a bass horn to match the uppers horns that goes 40-300hz , I saw the Lamhorn but doesn't go up to 300 or at least 250hz that I need. If any of you has build something like that or has a link to something interesting I would appreciate your help.
Hi giolight,
The basshorn of the Klipschorn will cover that range. Do a search on Aaudio Asylum high efficiency speakers and on the Klipsch forum for DIY.

;)

Centauri said:
Klipshhorn is a corner horn, requiring corners of room to extend its low end

Or you can use false corners. I do.

giolight said:
I can locate indifferently on the corners or front floor, I'm going to read all the great info in Brett link, unfortunatly the last link doesn't work.
Isn't the KH front folded horn too?

If you have the ability to position in pi/4 (corner) or pi/2 (wall/floor boundary) then do so. It helps quite a lot in the bottom end. My new rig will use a large hypex midbass loaded in quarter space and the LABhorns will be loaded the same way.

I forgot you can't deep link into geocities. Go to http://www.geocities.com/loudspeakerguru/ . It's a drawing in the middle on the right.

Yes the Khorn is a folded front horn. See pic below for a cutaway.

As you mention the Lammhorn in your first post, I presume this horn is for domestic listening, not mobile PA? If so, one of the problems you'll face with a 40-300 horn is the path length. To get it long enough to work properly, there'll be a significant and most likely audible delay. This is one of the reasons my new rig uses two horns to cover the bottom correctly; a pair of LABhorns 23-65, and a hypex midbass 65-400. This kept the hypex down to a managable length.

You should also play around with the McBean simulator. Works very well and is free.
http://www.users.bigpond.com/dmcbean/

Attachments

• khorncut.jpg
    khorncut.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 725
yes is for home use so space is limited. If Lamhorn would reach 300hz I would build them but they don't. I have already four ways I can't add the horn for 65-300hz plus the lamm for space limit.
I have thought about the horn-resp. software and people seem pretty happy with its plans, do you really now is that easy to make a good project?
By the way I will try to design my hyperbolic with it , since my roof are more than 3 meters high I could try something with really few bending going and tall.
This guy from japan seem don't worry much about time delay!

Attachments

• kobayashi, 01, garten.jpg
    kobayashi, 01, garten.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 697
I have thought about the horn-resp. software and people seem pretty happy with its plans, do you really now is that easy to make a good project?
yes i know of several people who report that it is pretty accurate.

my own 40hz basshorn plan
www.geocities.com/sc00byd0159

If you can make your horn straight,that means it will perform the higher frequencies better.

also basshorn information-
link

:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.