Can anyone idetify these 8" midbass?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, I'm trying to identify these raw drivers. They're from a StudioLab 'Phase Inversion Monitor Mini-tower' about 1970's era and I've contacted the company but the current owners have no direct records about these particular models or drivers.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The rear of the cone has the number C083.3 and the magnet reads CS8-3-091 L9

Any thoughts? Hints? Leads? I know the tweeters from that same tower are Phillips AD0162 T15

PA Driver?

Hey, I'm trying to identify these raw drivers. They're from a StudioLab 'Phase Inversion Monitor Mini-tower' about 1970's era and I've contacted the company but the current owners have no direct records about these particular models or drivers.
>snip<
The rear of the cone has the number C083.3 and the magnet reads CS8-3-091 L9

Any thoughts? Hints? Leads? I know the tweeters from that same tower are Phillips AD0162 T15

Suspect CS stands for Ceiling Speaker, the intended end use. The stamped steel frame and aluminum dust cap suggest this as well. Stuffing them in a consumer product is a good way to take advantage of an excess or obsolete inventory sale. Check to see if there is a place on the driver frame for mounting a transformer.

Regards,

WHG

Interesting, studioLab was a very well regarded name in Canadian audio. They claim to be the first speaker brand in Canada and from what I can tell these towers cost upward of $400 a pair in 1970's money. Here's the reply I got from the current owner of studioLab
I'm sorry but I don't have any specs. on your woofers. They were made by StudioLAB in the late seventies and any original spec sheets are long gone as the company was owned at that time by a previous owner. If I may suggest, consider building your new cabinets with the same volume, porting & rigidity as the original and use the same crossover.

The Mini-Tower was designed originally for 70's music and 70's technology. If audio is a hobby for you, as it sounded in your email, then modifying the sound by trying different crossover points and cabinet designs could help update the sound. The woofers are of a very good quality with all components either hand built or sourced locally, so your time spent to re-foam them will not be wasted.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.