Silestone Cabinet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I have a very close friend who has access to silestone (similar to granite), and the ability to make cabinets with their CNC machine. They have a ton of scrap, so it would be at no cost. I plan to do a pair for him and I.

One of my problems is I'm not experienced with DIY home speaker design. I'm good with 12v, but new to this. I'd like to do something like this, but the crossover intimidates me and I can't seem to find those drivers.

I'm looking for opinions/suggestions on a 2.0 setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

There are tons of free designs that are very solid. Not only here, but also at htguide, and the PE board. The crossover linked in your page is very straightforward, though, so if that intimidated you, you may want to do some research on crossover assembly.

It might be more helpful if you described a little about what you are after. Domes, ribbons, large stand mount, small stand mount, budget, etc. there are just so many options out there.

Hello, I have a very close friend who has access to silestone (similar to granite), and the ability to make cabinets with their CNC machine. They have a ton of scrap, so it would be at no cost. I plan to do a pair for him and I.

One of my problems is I'm not experienced with DIY home speaker design. I'm good with 12v, but new to this. I'd like to do something like this, but the crossover intimidates me and I can't seem to find those drivers.

I'm looking for opinions/suggestions on a 2.0 setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I have used a similar engineered stone, caesarstone, for turntable plinths. It was not an unqualified success. The requirements are similar to those of a speaker enclosure: stiffness and damping. The resulting construction was very stiff but poorly damped. The undamped engineered stone produced a ringing colouration. It was suppressed by a damping layer of silicone between the stone and aluminium sheet.

Attachments

• DSCF1310.jpg
    DSCF1310.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCF1298.jpg
    DSCF1298.jpg
    526.2 KB · Views: 84
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.