Dynamics, brute force and resolution with tiny feet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's OK to say it's good at simple country music and voices, but I suspect I would hate it for complex classical music where it'll probably become muddled and inaccurate and harsh.

There is nothing more complex than the human voice. And reproduction thereof is the most demanding, and satisfying thing to re create.

It is also hard to record, and most production of the voice uses too much FX or compression, etc. So a very nicely recorded vocal track, faithfully reproduced is an unmatched treat.

It was not easy to get all the equipment downtown, especially since I have no driver's license yet. I had to rely on friends to help me :)

Well, the visitors liked my speakers, so did my fellow classmates. I guess about 40-50 people stopped by to listen and hundreds walked by. Most people were really impressed how loud and dynamic they were, despite the small size.

For those here that don´t know me: i don´t like small speakers.

I don´t care about WAF, maybe because my wife never has objected to stuff like these in the livingroom:

moc11.jpg

Ingvar

Thumbs up for understanding wifes ... thats the women we salute :up: :up: :up:
I'm fortunate to have a very understanding wife as well :)
Baldin :)

There is nothing more complex than the human voice. And reproduction thereof is the most demanding, and satisfying thing to re create.

I agree, and recordings of, for instance, GWG, are generally very good, if we drift away towards Bakersfield/Texas/Nashville You have the best recordings there are. No recordings of WAM or other , IMO, utterly boring orchestral nonsense, comes Close, i have quite a few of the sought after Mercury living presence and RCA living stereo recordings from the 50/60 period, well executed, ok, but no one would ever listen to the boring **** on his own. Bellafonte at Carnegie is the exception of course, but then, he never was boring.

Niklas! Nice to se Your progress, hope You still are satisfied, both with the Mar-Kel and the Oy speakers, i peek in at Your blog now and then, hurry up and get Your drivers licence, an extra dimension in freedom of movement, take care my friend.

Ingvar

Major drawback is very poor sensitivity, measured after a few hours of use, gives 2,83v @ 100Hz 1M = 92dB , as it is a 4ohm load it also needs an amp with decent power and current capacity.

My tiny ML11 amp gladly produces 120dB with these speakers and a simple EL84PP (Edison12) has no trouble playing music at fairly realistic levels through these speakers
Um, I know this was years ago, but... that would be around 1250W...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.