Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th September 2012, 04:48 PM   #1
willyp is offline willyp  Israel
diyAudio Member

Default Focal\JMLab Beryllium tweeter - where to get?

Hey there,

I don't know if it is the correct forum for my question, So apologies if it's not.

The story: When I cleaned the front surface of the speaker, The magnetic grill went down and 'pierced' my tweeter It doesn't affect the sound, But I can't live with such amazing tweeter pierced .

Click the image to open in full size.

I live in Israel, So the prices are pretty high, My local dealer suggested to buy a new complete tweeter kit (with the bezel I think) for 1150$ (for one tweeter of-course)

Focal costumer service wouldn't agree to sell \ even say how much such tweeter costs, They just forwarding me to the Israeli distributor..

Where can I find this tweeter in 'reasonable' price? (I've heard the price is 800$ for the 3rd generation Be tweeter, mine is the first).

Thanks guys, sorry for my English.
Old 28th September 2012, 06:38 PM   #2
xjr100 is offline xjr100  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyp View Post
...My local dealer suggested to buy a new complete tweeter kit (with the bezel I think) for 1150$ (for one tweeter of-course)
Suppose you either live with that piercing or buy exactly same version of tweeter (and preferably matching pair), as the sound could differ between tweeters manufactured in different time. If you want to get 3dr generation, not sure if it can fit, as usually it require changes in crossover.
Old 28th September 2012, 07:09 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Focal is based in France.

Hi

Do you have a friend there that can help you?
This point of contact may be able to redirect your friend to the right department/person.

Agence Esprit des Sens
Alix DÉCHELETTE : alix.dechelette@espritdessens.net
Stina MASSON : stina.masson@espritdessens.net
T: +33 4 78 37 17 50

Regards,

WHG
Old 29th September 2012, 02:58 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjr100 View Post
Suppose you either live with that piercing or buy exactly same version of tweeter (and preferably matching pair), as the sound could differ between tweeters manufactured in different time. If you want to get 3dr generation, not sure if it can fit, as usually it require changes in crossover.
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but I do want the first generation Be tweeter, I just mentioned that the only price I find was 800$ for the 3rd generation tweeter...

Well, That's very weird, if I was looking for a Focal Be tweeter for my DIY project, Is that so hard to get one...? It seems like a big secret or something like that, Just give me a new tweeter take my money!!! ;-/
Old 9th October 2012, 06:14 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyp View Post
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but I do want the first generation Be tweeter, I just mentioned that the only price I find was 800$ for the 3rd generation tweeter...

Well, That's very weird, if I was looking for a Focal Be tweeter for my DIY project, Is that so hard to get one...? It seems like a big secret or something like that, Just give me a new tweeter take my money!!! ;-/
800USD for 3rd generaton id not true- we exchanged focal diablo utopia tweeter and I saw dealer price, not even close.

I am afraid "you will not find them at reasonable price"
600USD for TBU would be very good price.
Old 9th October 2012, 06:24 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

600$ its a reasonable price for me, where can I get it for 600$?
Here in my country (Israel) the dealer gave me a quote for 1150$ for one tweeter
Old 10th October 2012, 03:28 AM   #7
winslow is offline winslow  United States
diyAudio Member

Tried a Focal car audio place? They have been using Be tweeters there for a few years.
Old 10th October 2012, 04:43 AM   #8
Face is offline Face  United States
diyAudio Member

Try Zalytron?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10th October 2012, 01:37 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

I already tried a few Focal car audio stores, Unfortunately they don't have the matching tweeter for my Micro's.... a regular Be tweeter won't fit...

Thanks Face, I just sent a mail to Zalytron.
Old 10th October 2012, 02:32 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Zalytron responded that they do not deal with Be tweeters :\

Hide this!Advertise here!