seas odin OR thor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This probably needs to be moved to the multiway forum but...

There are some fundamentally bad things about the Odin and Thor designs as they stand.
A couple of years ago there was a somewhat community effort to get this fixed (though I think it was mainly 2 or 3 people... Dave was one?).
It's all detailed in this thread and I would read it all starting from page 1: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/64799-clarity-seas-thor-kit.html

Thinking back to when I was still considering it, I think the "small Thor" was the most built.
The name Renron comes to mind as someone who built it and loved it.
Perhaps he'd have more to add if still around.

Back in ~2004, I had a pair of TL's with single Peerless 850122's side by side with a pair of Thor's at the Atlanta DIY meet. My TL's outperformed the Thor's in every aspect except top end. The basic problem with the Thor's is that the designer was forced to reduce the volume of his pipes by 50% by marketing types. I have never heard the Odin, so no comment.

Bob

HELP ME PLEASE

Thanks at all for help,

I ask this information because i can't find a right speaker system for my room...
I know seas produce high quality speaker this is the only reason because i'm focalized to this kit but i don't know if is better or not.

My room is 13ft*13ft i start my adventure with Proac Clone (18W853500+SSD2010) for long time:eek:, then i change with Bigger Power Amp (Symphonic Line Rg1) after few time i buy Dynaudio Contouur S3.4:rolleyes:, on first time i was happy with Dyn but there's no way for play Rock Music:confused: music is compressed Ecc ecc (My friend with B&W CM5 have better soundstage and musicality with very smaller systems),now, i decide to return with ProacClone after many day of Audiophile psicology and now....The soundstage and overall Quality are better but i don't like the midrange and upper frequency qualitity there's no way to have focused guitars but now there's no headhake and i can stay for two hours without problem (but i'm not very happy).

I Need a speaker system for my small room (bookshelf or floorstand) can someome help me to decide or give me some interesting project??

PS
Sorry for my English

I Need a speaker system for my small room (bookshelf or floorstand) can someome help me to decide or give me some interesting project??
Search Italian eBay for "Audes Excellence 1" - tehere was one ex-demo pair gor 1/2 of original price. Recommend to get auditioned them. In my terms it outperforms many speakers including well-known DIY projects for small bookshelves.

Last edited:
Yeah i know very well the web site ( my proac clone are made from troels project) but i don`t know the sound of this speaker....
It is very difficult to choose a project because require many month of job and money and you have always a risk to have a bad sound or not completely good..

Yeah i know very well the web site ( my proac clone are made from troels project) but i don`t know the sound of this speaker....
It is very difficult to choose a project because require many month of job and money and you have always a risk to have a bad sound or not completely good..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.