Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way
Home Forums Rules Articles The diyAudio Store Gallery Blogs Donations FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th October 2012, 09:47 PM  
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
"Give way to all vehicles, including bicycles, already in the roundabout, and only enter where there is a safe gap in the traffic."
That's what the rule is here and it's posted at every roundabout from every direction in great big letters. They are fairly new here but are becoming popular.

Old 24th October 2012, 09:54 PM  
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

We're getting traffic circles here in the USA, too. Few people understand them.
I remember when they started building them in France, the French had a terrible time of it because "Priority to the Right" is so firmly ingrained there. Drivers in the circle would stop for those coming in!

I sure hope you can get money to fix the door. Insurance companies rarely pay what it costs to fix and old, but perfectly good, car.

Old 24th October 2012, 10:17 PM  
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to JRKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingvar ahlberg View Post
Actually there´s only one rule of priority in trafic, biggest goes first.

Seriously thou, it´s a wonder so many survive a day in trafic
I'm with Scott Adams "You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Weldon View Post
That's what the rule is here and it's posted at every roundabout from every direction in great big letters. They are fairly new here but are becoming popular.
They may seem quaint but when some idiot stops when its their right of way (priority) DONT drive forward. They'll hit you and it'll be your fault

Never underestimate the power of a determined idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pano View Post
We're getting traffic circles here in the USA, too. Few people understand them.
I remember when they started building them in France, the French had a terrible time of it because "Priority to the Right" is so firmly ingrained there. Drivers in the circle would stop for those coming in!

I sure hope you can get money to fix the door. Insurance companies rarely pay what it costs to fix and old, but perfectly good, car.
Driving in Rome was a blast. People stopped on the roundabout and had a chat!!!!!!! If your in Madrid, Paris or any other major EU city look at the cars. EVERY car has at least one BIG ding in it.

If I cant get the cash I'll revert to the poverty special Fiat Cinquecento 3DR 0.9 1995 thats 900cc of throbbing Italian hairdryer - all 41BHP of it (when new!!!!!) Nearly died in one but it does 45mpg and is hilarious to drive, cheap to insure and who cares if you have to bin it after 12 months

Old 25th October 2012, 04:24 AM  
sippy is offline sippy  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
If I cant get the cash I'll revert to the poverty special Fiat Cinquecento 3DR 0.9 1995 thats 900cc of throbbing Italian hairdryer - all 41BHP of it (when new!!!!!) Nearly died in one but it does 45mpg and is hilarious to drive, cheap to insure and who cares if you have to bin it after 12 months
I had a Fiat Panda 900 series 1, it would do 100mph and 60+ mpg........And before you say ' not with a guy as big as me on board', the guy I sold it to was nearly your 'volume' and took his Rotty every where he went. Gf drives a Fiat 500 Arbarth, thankfully its a world apart from the '500 my father owned and taught me to drive in, 430cc's, no syncro on any of its gears and brakes that would have been useless on a Silver Cross pram!

Old 25th October 2012, 10:35 AM  
diyAudio Member

I was in my first car crash in a Panda!! ah the memories. I was little (too young to be allowed in the front seat) and my sister picked up the car from Tann Fiat from being repaired after someone sideswiped it in the night and drove off. We got about half a mile before some wally in a navy blue BMW 3series (very 1980's) drove thru a junction right into the side of us. She punched him in the square in the chops because 'her little brother was in the car'

Anyhoo - hire car is being provided on the old fella's insurance and engineer comes tomorrow. If the worst occurs, we don't need a car - the Mrs busses it to work and I have a bike......

Old 25th October 2012, 04:02 PM  
sippy is offline sippy  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
If the worst occurs, we don't need a car - the Mrs busses it to work and I have a bike......
And a large pair of speakers will soothe you both when you get home.

Old 25th October 2012, 04:22 PM  
jwmbro is offline jwmbro  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRKO View Post
Driving in Rome was a blast. People stopped on the roundabout and had a chat!!!!!!! If your in Madrid, Paris or any other major EU city look at the cars. EVERY car has at least one BIG ding in it.
Ah, not here in Germany, nor Munich in particular. You may want to rephrase that to encompass only the southern (bankrupt) nations - here in Germany people take their cars really seriously - not me though, I don't even have a car, I spend all my money on speakers, travel and beer, not necessarily in that order.

Old 25th October 2012, 04:36 PM  
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbro View Post
Ah, not here in Germany, nor Munich in particular. You may want to rephrase that to encompass only the southern (bankrupt) nations - here in Germany people take their cars really seriously - not me though, I don't even have a car, I spend all my money on speakers, travel and beer, not necessarily in that order.
Got nothing to do with Italy for example being bankrupt or not, cars there always had dents.

They are simply not as anal about them as germans for example. It is practically impossible to drive through italian cities and avoid dings.
Same goes for Paris IME, if you leave too small a gap for another car to park they'll just bump yours out of the way. Always been like that.

Old 25th October 2012, 04:38 PM  
diyAudio Member

Default Soothing speakers? Bigger the better!!!

mmmm they would, wouldn't they??

In the meantime, I'll be meeting up with another member to build our ACA amps

I also have the fixings etc to use the walnut plank I've been hiding away for front panels. It was 1inch think but the guys split it and divided it so I have 6 book matched 1/2inch thick american walnut planks of 375mm x 130mm. they've been 'drying' (or cluttering up the place in wifey speak) for 18months now. A little sanding and a finish - oil maybe - and away we go

I've got some irish spalted beech I might use for knobs but I'm not sure on mixing woods......

But thats another story. I very enamoured with the JMLC-400 at £190 a piece, but the 15 & 8 multicell horns are calling me 15 Cell Multicell Horns for JBL,Beyma,Altec, | eBay & 8 Cell Multicell Horns for JBL,Beyma,Altec, | eBay

Yes jwmbro you are right. Germans are usually far too serious to be lumped in with 'bankrupt' southern EU nations - despite being attached to them with an uncuttable financial umbilical chord.....

anywho lets move on from political/racial mumbojumbo before we get our wrist slapped

Last edited by JRKO; 25th October 2012 at 04:51 PM.

Old 25th October 2012, 04:54 PM  
diyAudio Member

As far as I'm aware the throats of multicellular horns is as important as the final flare.

I know Pano liked the look of them. Any other comments on the horns linked above from veteran multicell users/recovered users

Hide this!Advertise here!