Vifa DX25TG05-04 + P17WJ00-08 Good Pair?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone

I just want to make sure this is a good combination, provided I use the proper crossover.

The reason I ask is that I already have the tweeters from a project I never started. I was going to sell them but found the P17WH is available.

I'm considering something like a TL and I've found several online examples using the woofer, just no examples with the same woofer and tweeter.

I've also attached specs for the other woofer I might consider, the smaller P13WH. Would this work with the tweeters I have as well? Thanks in advance.

Rick

Attachments

• DX25TG05-04.pdf
    50.8 KB · Views: 53
  • P17WJ-00-08.pdf
    57.2 KB · Views: 57
  • P13WH-00-08.pdf
    56.9 KB · Views: 32
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Vifa P17WJs are currently available, made in China. Main concern is that they don't measure anywhere close to that spec sheet. I have four, purchased from a reputable suppliers (Madisound & Solen) and the specs on those are close (within a reasonable tolerance) to each other, and miles away from the 'specs'. That would mean that using any plan based on 'old' units, or that data sheet, will be miles off for newly purchased drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.