Measuring my speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Are you talking about the time before time zero a.wayne?? I do vaugley remember that setting the gate further before time zero (zero padding??) could be used as a technique to get lower frequencies in your gated data, but It's not something that appears to work with holm... I think I used the technique in the past with speaker workshop, but abandoned it in preference of holm due to never being able to get consistent results with SW.

Tony.

if it takes 4.4ms for sound to travel five feet, assuming the microphone and speaker are both equal distance from the wall, then that gives you a window of at least 8ms to take a reading, as it would take the same time for the reflection sound to travel back to the microphone?
It depends how far apart the speaker and mic are. When trying to capture speaker response the mic is generally fairly close, in which case using the distance to the nearest surface is conservative. If they are further apart, the window could need to be even narrower - for example, if the nearest surface was 5 feet away but the mic and speaker were 10 feet apart, the shortest path that includes the surface would only be 4 feet longer than the path taken by the direct sound and would arrive 3.7 ms after it. In practice the window can usually be set by looking at the impulse response to identify the earliest significant reflection.

my latest in room mesurement , after a lot of messing with eq and xover this sounds best to me

mesure.jpg

my latest in room mesurement , after a lot of messing with eq and xover this sounds best to me

View attachment 305049

Can you post pics of your speaker , by recessing the middle you may be trying to hide some kind of obvious ringing taking place in your midrange driver , due to
1. Driver
2. Poor design of xovers
3. Cabinet design ...
4. All of the above

Can you also post a pic of the impedance magnitude and phase ..?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.