Danish 2 way speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Build these, based off of the baffle and crossover of one speaker by Troels Gravesen and the cabinet volume/tuning of another.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 174
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 180
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 172
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 169
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
It was late, was going to wait until you guys pestered me with questions.

The drivers are Scanspeak, woofers are 18W/8542, the tweeters are D2905 9700. Classis drivers, but these are all brand new.

Enclosures are about 13L, baffles are 200x350 and they are about 360 deep.
I forget what they are tuned to, but it's a 50x145 port.
F3 is 55Hz

Weight is about 12-13 kg each

Not too far from the back wall though. They quickly become thin and lacking in bass when you move them more than 1½-2 foot from the rear wall. Speakers based on those drivers (or equivalents) were a dime a dozen here in Denmark in the late '90s. Seemed like every domestic speaker manufacturer had their own variation.

Yea, no roundover. 3/4 inch seems to work well. But then again, if they don't seem too bright, all is well. Two pair of binding posts? Are you using an external crossover?

I think it's fine, Troels did not roundover, and I followed his design pretty closely.

The crossovers are independent, you can do passive biamplification, or if you change some wires inside, you can set it up for active biamplification. These will probably be used with one amp most of the time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.