loudspeaker enclosure design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi I want to put these two loudspeaker into one box
the tweeter HT-22/8
and the woofer http://coralelectronic.com/pdf_return.php?pdf=1&prod=1791
In my design every loudspeaker has its own amplifier which means that the music signal goes through an electronic active crossover of the 2nd order, where the frequency band is splitted in two bands one from 20 hz to 2.5 khz for the woofer, the other from 2.5 khz to 20 khz for the tweeter. now what book or free software can i use to model the dimension of the enclosure considering that both the loudspeaker are inside the same enclosure?

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
There is simply not enough information there to design a proper box for that driver, important parameters are missing.
You need Vas, Qms and Qes for you to work out the volume of the box.
To me it looks like a reasonably efficient midrange to go with a huge woofer.

Hi ,
you probably need a waveguide for that cone tweeter , as it
may help a transition-less dispersion characteristic
at crossover frequency . Can you find some 6-7" unused speakers ?
Also doubling the amplifiers is quite unuseful , since the tweeter absorbs
very little energy .
Apart from this , the woofer has a stiff suspension and it's rated at 4Ω .
That don't mean nothing :D
The tweeter is closed on the back so the problem if put in the same
enclosure is leakage from the mounting hole .
Don't know of any good online program to calculate the box
because it simply is not possible to do that without knowing
the specific driver ( and the programs use the Thiele / Small parameters of the
speaker to do it , which are not present on the Coral paper you produced ... not that they are essential for a car product , intended to be mounted in a leaky environment )

For the tweeter they are useless because it has already a 'chamber' behind the membrane .
Also for the woofer . Main reason for the existence of the enclosure is
to separate the front emission from the back emission .
It can also control the movement of the cone , like in pneumatic suspension (closed box )where the air acts like a spring , or in bass reflex where the resonance of the air inside is used to contribute to woofer's emission , trough a duct .

so the fact that the tweeter has a chamber behind the membrane means that it doesn't have back emission? if so can i consider the enclosure as if there is only the woofer inside it? the woofer doesn't have a chamber behind the membrane so it has a back emission right?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.