Reverse engineering to drivers - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th September 2012, 12:43 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

Thanks Kevin,
The price of the re-foaming sounds VERY reasonably indeed. Well, when that is all re-assembled it will give you a good baseline reference for any further changes down the track.

Thanks for the update. Jonathan
Old 6th October 2012, 03:20 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Default Fourier 1 speakers rebuilt to original specs

Update (perhaps final): On the advice of Peter Aczel and a few other people as well, including some here, I had replaced the Audax 9x12 tweeters with drop-in replacements and had the original mids and woofers repaired. P. Aczel suggested I use Millersound of Lansdale, PA, which I did. Bill did did a superb job, repairing an additional cone neck damage issue at no added charge. I've plugged all of the parts back together again. The speakers work and sound great. They really are delightful. I want to thank everyone here who provided advice, as well as Peter Aczel and Millersound. I'll shoot and upload a picture or two if I get a chance. Thanks again, Jonathan and everyone. I'm delighted, and very thankful for your help.

Regards.
Kevin

Hide this!Advertise here!