Thank you "Melo theory".... - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th March 2013, 06:35 PM   #31
guangui is offline guangui  Puerto Rico
diyAudio Member

Must have been a pain moving the sub to several locations, only to find out that the best position was up high. I'm sure it was tons of fun getting it up there. Hopefully you didn't scratch the CLS while at it.

I like the industrial look of the sub, it looks like filament wound FRP pipe (Conley to be exact) or like A/C ducting. I have one of those 12" Dayton Classic that I recently ordered to make a sub for my family room. How do you like it?
Old 5th March 2013, 07:48 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

It's a concrete former, like a sonotube. It's a fairly popular enclosure for a sub.
Old 6th March 2013, 03:40 AM   #33
CLS500 is offline CLS500  United States
diyAudio Member

I really like the Dayton Classic sub; it's well made and sounds great. Keep in mind that this entire project was done on a pretty modest budget which placed Melo theory in in a difficult position design wise. (The concrete form tube was like $12 !!!)He did a fantastic job in both the design of the three units and the selection of the drivers, port tubes and sub amp.

Actually, my wife had to help me get the sub up on the platform.She feels quilty about making me move all my gear into the garage, so she was happy to help out.
Old 7th March 2013, 01:07 PM   #34
guangui is offline guangui  Puerto Rico
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guangui View Post
Must have been a pain moving the sub to several locations, only to find out that the best position was up high. I'm sure it was tons of fun getting it up there. Hopefully you didn't scratch the CLS while at it.

I like the industrial look of the sub, it looks like filament wound FRP pipe (Conley to be exact) or like A/C ducting. I have one of those 12" Dayton Classic that I recently ordered to make a sub for my family room. How do you like it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo theory View Post
It's a concrete former, like a sonotube. It's a fairly popular enclosure for a sub.
I know what it is, especially after having to form ground columns for a patio deck I built at home... Actually long time ago I had a car with a Bazooka sub, which is the same concept.

I was just saying that it gives an industrial look, that I personally like.

BTW, Melo, great design...CLS, great work!

Hide this!Advertise here!