JBL D2430K compression driver?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The D2430K is a new driver from JBL based on a patented new idea by Alex Voishvillo.
JBL make impressive claims but unfortunately don't provide any actual data.
Anyone seen AES paper 8502 where he shows results?
A link to the paper would be nice but at least a copy of a response curve should be "fair use" within the law.
Any one have any idea of the USA price?

David

Curve Delivery

The D2430K is a new driver from JBL based on a patented new idea by Alex Voishvillo.
JBL make impressive claims but unfortunately don't provide any actual data.
Anyone seen AES paper 8502 where he shows results?
A link to the paper would be nice but at least a copy of a response curve should be "fair use" within the law.
Any one have any idea of the USA price?

David

See the attached PDF file.

Regards,

WHG

Attachments

• AESP8502F17.pdf
    87.2 KB · Views: 547
Dave,
This JBL driver is actually based on a driver that they were purchasing from another company I think was something like MBC or a similar name. They made a few changes and said it was a new invention. Very typical Harmon International way of doing business. It is a dual diaphragm device with one diaphragm behind the other and uses a fairly strange phasing plug design. I'm not sure what changes they made but I think they were slight but enough to get around the original patents.

See the attached PDF file.

Thank you very much for that. It looks sufficiently impressive that I want to buy if the price is OK. It is a nuisance that JBL won't talk to anyone outside the USA and say what it costs.-

Dave,
This JBL driver is actually based on a driver that they were purchasing from another company I think was something like MBC or a similar name

It is similar to a patent by BMS. Actually it looks more like the BMS patent than the BMS driver itself does.

Best wishes
David

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.