LMS is being a pain

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I just upgraded my LMS rig to 4.30 from 3.x, I'm having some problems with it.

I'm having a problem importing/exporting data files. I keep getting a "Range Check Error". Anyone know how to fix this? I'm running LMS on an XP machine with plenty of resources. Athlon 900 w/ 512Mb of RAM. I don't think it's XP, since LMS supports Win2000 and has XP being implemented in the latest patch. Does it have something to do with the file length? I was just trying to export one curve and it didn't work. I tried loading up the sample library and it did the same thing. I also notice in the version history that the import/export feature has been updated many times, I wonder if there is a problem with it?

I looked through the manual for any debuging information and it's pretty much nonexistant, I guess $2000 doesn't go very far these days.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks, Rob

LMS Version 4.30

Rob,

I do have LMS v4.30 but and had it istalled on one of our computers before I had to tke hard drive out to solve another problem so I cannot check the import and export functions right now.

As soon as I obtain another hard drive I will reinstall the software and check the functions out that you are having trouble with. I run Win98 since some of our software does not work on later versions of windows due to lack of direct access to the printer ports.

I do have WinXP Pro available and will make a dual boot configuration so I can check out LMS v4.30 in WinXP.

I blame most of the software problems on Microsoft since they are always causing compatibility problems for software vendors and call it progress.

I will let you know when I have the install done and able to test.

John Fassotte
Alaskan Audio

Thanks John,

I really appreciate your help.

I did an extensive search of the web and the newsgroups and I couldn't find anything as a last resort I posted here. I guess there isn't any support groups out there for loudspeaker testing software.

Again, thanks,

Rob

LMS v4.30 problem under WinXP

Rob,

I have installed LMS v4.30 in both Win98 and WinXP.

Export and inport work ok in Win98. In WinXP I get Range check error for both inport and export functions.

I will check on the LinearX web site to see if there is a note about this error under WinXP. Perhaps they have a update ready. Since I run primarily Win98 I had not noticed this error when I installed the software.

John Fassotte
Alaskan Audio

LinearX has spoketh....

I sent Linearx an email and I did get a reply from Chris. (I think this is the same guy that I got support from 4 years ago).

Here's the email

"Hi:

Yeh WinXP is the problem. However we already have a new version that runs under XP without problem.
We have not got around to putting it up on the web server yet, but I guess I should now do that.
I'll try to get it up in the next 24 hrs. Watch for it on the web site.

Bye.. Chris."

Very cool, I didn't expect to get tech support on the weekend,

Good Job Chris

I guess my $2K is serving me well, I retract my previous statement, frustration, you know how it is.

Thanks for your help Alaskan Audio,

Rob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.