Build observations...questions...insight please!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings!!!

So...introducing myself as a total noob as far as speaker building goes...just so you guys know LOL!!!

I started off with a 2 way build...Tang Bang W6-1721 and a B&G Neo3 PDR...

The TB was in a 30L vented box tuned to 35hz...driver mounted on top...and the Neo3 was mounted dipole...the first two pics are the TB measurement and the box itself...I'm not concerned with the Neo for now...

Then I got a set of Neo8's and decided to go with a 3 way build...the third and fourth picture...I dropped the subs cause as you can see in the fifth picture, the TB's mirrored my Velodyne's quite closely...

But this time I mounted the TB off the bottom of the box to make room for the Neo8...

Take a look at the TB graph now...not as extended and not as smooth...

So now I want to build a final box for these but I'm not sure how to position the drivers for the best response???

When I did a room measurement with the TB at the bottom, I noticed a huge dip at ~650hz...whereas that was not there before with it mounted on top...I had to make some big corrections to flatten it out...

The Neo8 is mounted as a front firing btw...I like it better that way...more forward, front row type of sound...

Oh and xovers are set at 700hz and 5khz...I started out at 500hz but that dip had me concerned so I upped it a bit...

I'm just looking for some insight on how I can make this work out...sound is fab but I know I get better extension with the driver not so close to the floor!! It's cleaner to...

Any help...knowledge...insight...telling me I'm cracked comments...all are welcomed LOL!!!

Thanks kindly!!

Attachments

• TangBang W6-1721.jpg
    TangBang W6-1721.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3500.jpg
    IMG_3500.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 62
  • TB.jpg
    TB.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3509.jpg
    IMG_3509.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 63
  • TangBand and Velodyne.jpg
    TangBand and Velodyne.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 62
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.