AudioTechnology + RAAL Ribbon = "Sequence Three – Grand Reference"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't like saying it, but all things considered those are pretty poor distortion numbers for the 10", not to mention the rather large differences between the two of them. I'd have expected better consistency for a driver of this cost.

Yes, I agree I had high expectations for them. Even though there are some differences between the two driver samples, in my application it doesn't matter, but again at this price point I expect better consistency.

Regarding the distortion numbers I expected them to be in the same league as the ScanSpeak Revelator woofers 22W and 26W, which they doesn't seem to be if I've done my measurements correctly, which I think I have.

I haven't done any listening tests yet so I cannot subjectively comment on the woofers performance, but most likely would two ScanSpeak 22W out-perform the the AT 10" for the same price, at least when looking at the measurements.

I will do more measurements when I start the passive cross-over design and perhaps then I can find out more of the drivers behavior.

Regards

/Göran

Hello Goran,

I check your website every day to see what you are up to. What happened to the 3-way? :confused:

Hi,

I'm working on it! :)

In fact I have waited for cross-over components for ages now, but they finally arrived this week. Soon I will start some listening tests with a passive cross-over design.

Also, I’m building some front covers for the loudspeaker. As soon as I have some time over, I will write a status update on the website.

Another reason for the delay has been the work on this design Concentric Three – M5 Construction! and some other consulting stuff.

Regards

/Göran

Hello gornir,

How are things going?

Everything is in place!

• The enclosures are finished, including the front covers.
  • A ton of measurements are made.
  • Two different cross-overs are simulated and ready to be tested.
  • The cross-over components are purchased for the above two cross-over simulations.

But......... I haven't had time to actually build the test cross-overs, listen to them and fine tune them yet. Other stuff has come in between. ;)

My best guess now is that it will be an autumn project to finish them completely.

However the "Concentric Three – M5 Construction" is finished and sounds great. I've started to do a write-up on them, but I can't say when I have time to publish it.

Regards

/Göran

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.